Autonomic Tuning Informix 12
WW Informix Technical Sales
Overview & Problem Statement:
- We want the Informix database server to be as invisible as possible.
- After the initial install of IDS and uptime, we need the server to be able to adapt to any workload that comes its way.
- Prior to 12.10xC2, several key server resources were not dynamic. This could and did lead to artificial performance ceilings, and an increase in downtime to fix, or degradation in performance until the issue was detected by human interface.
- Not everyone knows how to detect ……. and if they do, getting the downtime from management is an issue …. always.
- The improvements are in several different categories….
- Physical Log
- Logical Log
- These will follow similar rules guiding automatic tuning:
How to detect when insufficient resources for each of the above resources are causing a performance impact
How to increase the resource with minimal impact to the application
How to control the increase of the resource so it adapts in a timely manner… not too much, not too little, just right
This presentation can also be find on IBM DeveloperWorks Website ...
Read more why IBM-ASL with CURSOR, is the right way to license embedded Informix Databases.