Which distributed edition of DB2 10.5 is right for you?
IBM developerWorks article
IBM Senior Information Developer, DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows
Roman Melnyk, B.
IBM Canada, DB2 Information Development
As of the April 23, 2013 announcement date, the DB2 10.5 product family consists of six pricededitions, one separately priced feature, and one no-charge package. The goal of this article is to help you to decide which edition of DB2 10.5 will best meet your needs. For each DB2 edition, this article provides a brief overview of the included functionality, licensing options, restrictions or other considerations, key changes from DB2 10.1, and an interesting customer anecdote.
Learn the details of what makes each edition of IBM® DB2® 10.5 for Linux®, UNIX®,and Windows® unique. The authors lay out the specifications for each edition, licensing considerations, historical changes throughout the DB2 release cycle and references to some interesting things that customers are doing with DB2.
Table of Contents:
- DB2 is DB2 is DB2
- What's new in DB2 10.5
- DB2 Express-C... A no-charge package to build, develop, and distribute
- DB2 Express Server Edition... It's simple, secure, and inexpensive
- DB2 Workgroup Server Edition... The best choice for departmental workload consolidation with high availability
- DB2 Enterprise Server Edition... Unmatched scalability, resiliency,and flexibility
- DB2 Advanced Workgroup Server Edition... Best in class for all ofyour departmental workload needs
- DB2 Advanced Enterprise Server Edition... The real deal!
- DB2 Advanced Recovery Feature... Database backups and recovery made easy
- For developers only...
- Conclusion / Resources / About the authors