Informix Technologietag 2017 - key highlights
Informix Technology Day 2017
Pradeep Muthalpuredathe / Director - WW Informix Engineering
Pradeep Muthalpuredathe present the basics of the collaboration between IBM and HCL and the roadmap for the coming years at the Informix technology day.
HCL has taken over development and support on May 1. Most of the development and support staff have agreed to a change to HCL so that the usual contacts and existing structures are available to customers.
For IBM Informix customers nothing changes in the licensing or maintenance. IBM will continue to sell Informix through the IBM channel.
We asked Informix users, IBM partners and employees about their views on the IBM/HCL partnership. The responses were very positive because it is a long-term partnership and a god perspective for the future of Informix.
Key Highlights / part of presentation Pradeep Muthalpuredathe
- IBM and HCL have entered into a 15+ year IP partnership. HCL has set up a new division called HCL Products and Platforms.
- IBM will continue to sell the IBM products through the IBM channel. HCL is responsible for development, support, and customer advocacy.
- All of the IBM development and support engineers will be joining HCL. Customers will continue to have access to the expertise of the labs.
- HCL has a Client Advocay team building on IBM’s Lab Advocate program. This is a ‘hypercare’ approach to customer relationships.
- HCL will be accelerating the product roadmaps, and delivering new features and functionality.
- HCL will be refreshing Lab Services offerings to provide customers higher ROI and faster time to value.