IBM General Price Harmonization
Effective January 1 2016
Effective January 1, 2016, IBM® is announcing a worldwide price harmonization across the software product portfolio.
Passport Advantage® Express Suggested Retail Prices (SRP) and Passport Advantage Suggested Volume Prices (SVP), as applicable, for the following categories of products, are included in this announcement:
- Passport Advantage Eligible Products from the Business Analytics, Cloud and Smarter Infrastructure, Collaboration Solutions, Enterprise Content Management, Industry Solutions, Information Management, Rational, Security Systems, Watson and WebSphere Brands.
- Media and documentation packs associated with the Passport Advantage Eligible Products.
- Selected other non-Passport Advantage Products
For most products, the following price harmonization changes will apply:
- Prices will remain unchanged in Australia, China, New Zealand and Switzerland
- Prices will increase by 8% in South Africa
- Prices will increase by 5% in India
- Prices will increase by 3% in all other countries
For a small number of products, price harmonization adjustments will deviate slightly from the assumptions above. In some cases there will be a higher price increase or a price reduction, but overall most of the price changes will not exceed plus or minus 5%.
For affected eligible products and their associated media and documentation packs, price harmonization changes are applicable for all eligible product offerings including:
Software License and 12-months Software Subscription & Support (S&S)
Trade up License and 12-months Software S&S
Software S&S Renewal and Reinstatement
Selected Software as a Service (SaaS)
Selected Configured Software
Price changes are applicable for Software S&S Renewals pertaining to a coverage period beginning on or after January 1, 2016 regardless of when payment is received.
Price changes for new Software as a Service (SaaS) subscription and new Monthly Licensing commitment periods become effective January 1, 2016.