Cognos BI Update 2014-07 - Frequently Asked
Cognos Business Intelligence -
New License Model
Cognos BI 10. 2. 1 Pricing and Licensing Changes (Summer Update)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the pricing changes for this release?
- What add-on capabilities exist for the new licenses?
- How is this change affect Cognos BI PowerPlay customers?
- Can Series 7 customers trade-up to the new licenses?
- Is this change applicable to PA and FCT customers also?
- What is happening with legacy studios such as Analysis, Query, Metrics and Transformer?
- How does trade-up to BI Advanced changes?
- Do Series 7 customers can still trade-up to BI Advanced?
- Why don't we have trade-up parts from FLBI Architect and Analytic Administrator to BI Advanced?
- 1In simplifying the license model, how do existing customers get mapped to the new parts?
- Why was IBM Connections uncoupled? Will the uncoupling result in an increased S&S for the customer?
- When is the license migration (withdrawal of previous parts and replacing them with new parts) happen for all customers?
- How are customers advised of this change?
- Can I still sell legacy licenses to existing customers?
- What happens to my customer with Metrics Manager and Metric Studio Add-on licenses?
- My BI customer is planning to add TM1 as a database - what would be the best licensing scenario for them?
- Will existing roles lose capabilities?
- Does Analytics Explorer require FLBI Admin, or can I just use the AA?
- What happens to existing BI Recipient licenses on the AU price metric? Will existing customers be able to purchase additional licenses?
- The ICAS for BI in FLAA has a 400 PVU limit - what happens when the customer wants to exceed that limit?
- Does information Distribution have Mobile Capabilities, if so how do they differ from Analytics User Mobile cap
- What edition (what capabilities) of SPSS Modeler is included in Analytics Architect?
Please register for download the FAQ's & answers document - to registration