IBM Cognos Express V10.2.2
delivers business intelligence reporting, analysis, and planning capabilities
(IBM Announcement ENUSZP15-0301 - 19.05.2015)
IBM Cognos Express V10.2.2 is a complete solution for business intelligence and performance management, targeted for mid-size organizations. It delivers all of the essential reporting, analysis, dashboard, visualization, scorecarding, planning, budgeting, and forecasting capabilities midsize companies require.
• Simplified user functionality for greater user self-service
• Simplified deployment for faster time to value
• Conformance updates
• New MicrosoftTM Excel Client: IBM Cognos Analysis for Microsoft Excel
• New 64-bit versions of Microsoft Excel Client for both IBM Cognos TM1(R) and IBM
Cognos Analysis for Microsoft Excel:
• IBM Cognos TM1 Web API
• SSL support
• Cognos TM1 Package connector
• New conformance: LinuxTM support for IBM Cognos TM1
Cognos Express V10.2.2 provides the following enhancements ...
IBM Cognos Express continues to provide midsize companies and workgroups with consistent, reliable information to answer critical business questions. With insights drawn from answering these questions, managers can make better, faster decisions to drive greater efficiencies, reduce costs, and identify new growth opportunities while minimizing the impact on IT. Both novice and advanced users can easily leverage the powerful, yet easy-to-use capabilities to encourage broad adoption throughout their organization. Cognos Express provides everything needed for organizations that are starting to expand their business intelligence and planning capabilities.
To meet the increasing demands of midmarket organizations, Cognos Express V10.2.2 is delivered with limited license versions of IBM Cognos TM1 V10.2.2 and IBM Cognos Business Intelligence V10.2.2. Along with the new capabilities and components listed below, organization that have Cognos Express also have immediate access to the latest product enhancements, product corrections, fix packs, and future versions of Cognos TM1 and Cognos Business Intelligence. Additionally, organizations now have the ability to install Cognos TM1 and Cognos BI on separate machines, if desired.
Cognos Express has moved away from a single product install with this release and, as a result, the preset configuration, predefined namespaces, user groups, Cognos Express manager page, integrated backup and restore, and remote client installation will no longer be available. These capabilities are replaced with the Cognos TM1 and Cognos Business Intelligence administrator functionality, providing more flexibility and robust capabilities to midmarket organizations. Detailed documentation is provided to help organizations install Cognos Express V10.2.2 and migrate existing Cognos Express deployments.
• Simplified end-user functionality for greater user self-service:
– End-to-end analysis with personal data import for business users
– Support for customization of Rapidly Adaptive Visualization Engine visualizations in IBM Cognos Report Studio and IBM Cognos Workspace Advanced
– Create reusable style templates for a consistent corporate identity, including styles, fonts, and colors
– Interactive maps in IBM Cognos Workspace
• Simplified deployment with quick setup, allowing users to easily install and configure all Cognos Business Intelligence components.
• Conformance updates to content store, portal servers, security libraries, web servers, data sources, drivers, and mobile support.
• New Microsoft Excel Client, IBM Cognos Analysis for Microsoft Excel (CAFE), allows for more advanced report building.
• 64-bit versions of Micorsoft Excel Client for IBM Cognos TM1 and IBM Cognos Analysis for Microsoft Excel provide compatibility for organizations using 64-bit Microsoft Excel.
• IBM Cognos TM1 Web API incorporates Cognos TM1 web objects into custom web applications, portals, and dashboards.
• SSL support delivers the ability to configure products so they are able to use SSL for data transmission security.
• Cognos TM1 Package connector can import data to Cognos TM1 from Relational and Open Database Connectivity of Cognos Business Intelligence packages.
• New conformance with Linux support for IBM Cognos TM1.