IBM MQ for Multiplatforms V8.0
offers a universal messaging solution.
(IBM Announcement ENUSZP14-0217 - 22.04.2014)IBM MQ for Multiplatforms, V8.0 (MQ V8) offers a universal messaging solution. It delivers the messaging you need, where you need it, from enterprise messaging for secure core business applications to mobile messaging to extend your business to the Internet of things and mobile devices. With MQ V8, you have access to the key business data in files across your business, and simplified messaging access for your application developers. The key features of IBM MQ V8 can be grouped mainly into themes of improved scalability, enhanced security, and updates to standards and currency.
- Verification of user ID and password, making use of either operating system definitions or a Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) repository
- Use of Domain Name System (DNS) host names in Channel Authentication Records (CHLAUTH)
- Channel-level certificates, allowing multiple certificates to be used in a queue manager
- Routed publish-subscribe in clusters
- Enhanced status reporting for publish-subscribe
- Performance enhancements including queue manager scaling and multiplexed client performance
- Support for updated standards
- Support on all platforms for 64-bit queue managers
- Support for multiple transmission queues defined for use in a clustered queue manager on all platforms
- Availability on all platforms of both Advanced Message Security and Managed File Transfer