DB2 Enterprise Server Edition V11
An enterprise database solution for business transaction processing
IBM® DB2® Enterprise Server Edition is scalable database software that helps you manage mission-critical online transactional processing (OLTP) workloads - while reducing administration, storage, development and server costs. It is designed for mid-size companies and large enterprises. The solution includes all features of DB2 Workgroup Server Edition. In addition, it provides advanced data management, high availability, disaster recovery and robust security features to help ensure high performance and greater efficiency.
DB2 Enterprise Server Edition offers these features and benefits:
- Improves application performance.
- Delivers high availability and disaster recovery capabilities.
- Provides a secure, flexible environment.
- Interfaces with a variety of data more efficiently.
- Improves productivity and reduces administration efforts.
DB2 Enterprise Server Edition is designed to meet the data server needs of midsize to large-size businesses and is ideal for transactional and mixed workloads. It can be deployed on Linux, UNIX, or Windows servers of any size, from one processor to hundreds of processors, and on both physical and virtual servers.
The edition includes the following features and functions:
- IBM Data Studio
- IBM Data Server Manager Base Edition
- Label Based Access Control
- Row and Column Access Control
- Multi-Temperature Data Management
- Time Travel Query, Table
- Partitioning, High Availability Disaster Recovery
- Online Reorganization
- Materialized Query Tables (MQTs)
- Multidimensional Clustering (MDC)
- Query Parallelism
- Scan Sharing
- Connection Concentrator
- pureXML(R), backup compression
- Tivoli(R) System Automation for Multiplatforms for use with high availability
The product also includes DB2 Homogeneous Federation and Homogeneous SQL Replication, which enables federated data access and replication between DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows servers.
DB2 11.1 Enterprise Server Edition is available on a PVU or AUSI charge metric.
|compare editions||DB2 license calculation||DB2 price lists|