IBM Informix Workgroup Edition 14.10
Simply powerfull - the database for medium-sized enterprises
- Powerful and cost-effective - the database solution for mid-sized companies and branches.
- The Informix Workgroup Edition has been industry-proven for years and is preferred by manufacturing, commercial and shipping companies.
- Thanks to easy-to-build cluster solutions, the Workgroup Edition is the central building block for high-performance and secure data storage in companies.
Scope and functions
- Maximum 24 CPU cores and 32 GB memory are the main difference between the Workgroup Edition and the Enterprise Edition.
- Cluster solutions with HDR or SDS are possible with a maximum of two secondary nodes.
- Enterprise Replication is available without restrictions.
- Authorized User Single Install (AU).
All users who in principle have access to an installation of the product must be licensed.
Not usable in scenarios with indeterminable users such as access via websites.
- IBM Processor Value Units (PVU), licensing of processor cores, calculation depends on processor performance.
- Limited Use Socket License (LUS), Licensing of single processor sockets.
This license is currently only available from selected OEM/ESA distributors.
Please ask us for the special conditions!
- Authorized User Single Install 517,- EURO per AU
- IBM Processor Value Units 16.700,- EURO per 100 PVUs
- Limited Use Socket License - Prices on request
(All price information in EURO, non-binding and exclusively for business partners in Germany.)
Functions, features, limits
|Innovator-C Edition||Express Edition||Developer Edition||Workgroup Edition||Enterprise Edition||Advanced Developer||Advanced Workgroup||Advanced Enterprise|
Valid for available version
|CPU VP / Cores max||1||4||1||24||unlimited||16||unlimited||unlimited|
|Memory maximal||2 GB||8 GB||1 GB||32 GB||unlimited||unlimited||16 GB OLTP
48 GB IWA
|Storage maximal||8 GB||unlimited||8 GB||unlimited||unlimited||unlimited||ca. 250 GB Warehouse||unlimited|
|TimeSeries / Sensor-Data||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Encryption at rest||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Label based access control||no||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|High Availability Cluster (H/A)||no||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Secondarys maximal||no Sec.||one Sec.||unlimited||two Sec.||unlimited||unlimited||two Sec.||unlimited|
|The ability to execute SQL or NoSQL DML operations (read, write, update, delete) on a H/A cluster secondary node. Note: If SQL or NoSQL DML operations are executed on a secondary instance, the secondary instance must be fully licensed|
|Continuous Log Restore||no||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|CLR secondary is provided by the ontape and ON-Bar backup utilities|
|Enterprise Replication (ER)||no||two nodes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|The ability for a SQL/NoSQL session connected to a database in one instance to execute a DML operation using data from another database in a different instance|
|Parallel operations refers to the ability to execute SQL operations in parallel and includes parallel index build, high-performance loader, and ON-Bar parallel backup, and restore|
|Partitioning refers to the ability to fragment a table or index based on logical rules to improve data access and parallel processing|
|Data Warehouse (IWA)||no||no||no||no||no||yes||yes||yes|
(All information is non-binding and only for information purposes - there is no claim to completeness. The scope and features of the products are determined by IBM's publications, IBM license terms, IBM announcement letters, product documentation and additional publications of the manufacturer.)