IBM Security Guardium V10
(IBM Announcement ENUSZP15-0242 - 25.08.2015)
IBM Security Guardium is a comprehensive data security and protection platform that can help you eliminate costly and high-risk manual and silo approaches to data security and compliance. Guardium is a data protection platform that can support focused needs (for example, around compliance) and that can grow with you as your data protection needs change by adding the additional Guardium modules you require.
Modules updated in this release include:
- IBM Security Guardium Data Activity Monitor V10.0 continuously monitors all data access operations in real-time to detect unauthorized actions based on detailed contextual information -- the who, what, where, when, and how of each data access.
- IBM Security Guardium Vulnerability Assessment V10.0 scans database infrastructures to detect vulnerabilities and suggests remedial actions.
- IBM Security Guardium for Applications V10.1 can protect sensitive or confidential data exposed in a web application, without requiring changes to the application itself.
New in this release is the IBM Security Guardium for Files V10.0 module, which provides insight into your document and file content, and usage patterns.
read more / download
Deployment Guide for InfoSphere Guardium
IBM® InfoSphere® Guardium® provides the simplest, most robust solution for data security and data privacy by assuring the integrity of trusted information in your data center. InfoSphere Guardium helps you reduce support costs by automating the entire compliance auditing process across heterogeneous environments. InfoSphere Guardium offers a flexible and scalable solution to support varying customer architecture requirements.
This IBM Redbooks® publication provides a guide for deploying the Guardium solutions.
This book also provides a roadmap process for implementing an InfoSphere Guardium solution that is based on years of experience and best practices that were collected from various Guardium experts. We describe planning, installation, configuration, monitoring, and administrating an InfoSphere Guardium environment. We also describe use cases and how InfoSphere Guardium integrates with other IBM products.
The guidance can help you successfully deploy and manage an IBM InfoSphere Guardium system.
This book is intended for the system administrators and support staff who are responsible for deploying or supporting an InfoSphere Guardium environment.
Table of contents
Chapter 1. Solutions and architecture
Chapter 2. Implementation planning
Chapter 3. Installation and configuration
Chapter 4. Monitoring and auditing
Chapter 5. Monitoring setup
Chapter 6. Access management
Chapter 7. Ongoing operations
Chapter 8. Disaster recovery
Chapter 9. Upgrade best practices
Chapter 10. Use cases
Chapter 11. Integration with other IBM products
Publish March 2014, revised March 2015 / 472 Pages
IBM InfoSphere Guardium 9.5
(IBM Announcement ENUSZP15-0143 - 10.02.2015)
IBM InfoSphere Guardium products deliver a simple, robust solution designed to prevent unauthorized data access, changes, and leaks from databases and files. They can help ensure the integrity of information in the data center and automate compliance controls.
InfoSphere Guardium products are designed to secure and continuously monitor access to data in enterprise databases, data warehouses, file shares, document sharing solutions, and big data environments, such as Hadoop. Additionally, they are designed to assist you in enforcing your policies for sensitive data access across the enterprise using a scalable platform.
A centralized audit repository designed to maximize security, combined with an integrated application that automates compliance workflow, enables the products to help you streamline compliance validation activities across a wide variety of mandates.
IBM InfoSphere Guardium products can help you eliminate costly and highrisk manual and silo approaches to data security and compliance by unifying and automating regulatory compliance tasks, thereby reducing operational costs while dramatically reducing security risks.
InfoSphere Guardium V9.5 improvements:
- Automatic load balancing enables users to seamlessly install InfoSphere Guardium agents (Software TAP or S-TAP(R)) that automatically determine the best configuration for performance.
- New packaging for selected offerings. In an effort to more accurately reflect how data security software is used, this release offers new pricing metrics for Guardium Vulnerability Assessment, Guardium Activity Monitor for Big Data, and Guardium Activity Monitor for Data Warehouses.
- Entitlement reporting is included with both Guardium Data Activity Monitoring and Vulnerability Assessment products.