IBM Informix Advanced Enterprise Edition
Fastest data warehouse and online transaction processing
- Informix Advanced Enterprise Editions is the unlimited platform for applications with very high transaction volumes and parallel business analytics - high-end OLTP and extremely fast data warehouse in one database.
- The included Storage Optimization Feature further enhances performance and lowers storage costs, especially interesting for companies with high data volumes.
Scope and functions
- Based on the unlimited Informix Enterprise Edition. The Advanced Edition also includes the Informix Warehouse Accelerator (IWA), as a warehouse component, and the Storage Optimization Feature.
- Includes IBM Cognos Business Intelligence licensing with 5 authorized users.
- The Informix Warehouse Accelarator prefers its own Linux-based machine.
- IBM Processor Value Units (PVU), licensing of processor cores, calculation depends on processor performance.
- The Informix Advanced Editions are based on two installations: the OLTP Workgroup or Enterprise installation and the installation of the Informix Warehouse Accelerator for in-memory data processing.
The PVUs of both installations must be calculated for licensing.
- IBM Processor Value Units 64.100,- EURO per 100 PVUs
(All price information in EURO, non-binding and exclusively for business partners in Germany.)
Functions, features, limits
|Innovator-C Edition||Express Edition||Developer Edition||Workgroup Edition||Enterprise Edition||Advanced Developer||Advanced Workgroup||Advanced Enterprise|
Valid for available version
|CPU VP / Cores max||1||4||1||24||unlimited||16||unlimited||unlimited|
|Memory maximal||2 GB||8 GB||1 GB||32 GB||unlimited||unlimited||16 GB OLTP
48 GB IWA
|Storage maximal||8 GB||unlimited||8 GB||unlimited||unlimited||unlimited||ca. 250 GB Warehouse||unlimited|
|TimeSeries / Sensor-Data||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Encryption at rest||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Label based access control||no||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|High Availability Cluster (H/A)||no||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Secondarys maximal||no Sec.||one Sec.||unlimited||two Sec.||unlimited||unlimited||two Sec.||unlimited|
|The ability to execute SQL or NoSQL DML operations (read, write, update, delete) on a H/A cluster secondary node. Note: If SQL or NoSQL DML operations are executed on a secondary instance, the secondary instance must be fully licensed|
|Continuous Log Restore||no||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|CLR secondary is provided by the ontape and ON-Bar backup utilities|
|Enterprise Replication (ER)||no||two nodes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|The ability for a SQL/NoSQL session connected to a database in one instance to execute a DML operation using data from another database in a different instance|
|Parallel operations refers to the ability to execute SQL operations in parallel and includes parallel index build, high-performance loader, and ON-Bar parallel backup, and restore|
|Partitioning refers to the ability to fragment a table or index based on logical rules to improve data access and parallel processing|
|Data Warehouse (IWA)||no||no||no||no||no||yes||yes||yes|
(All information is non-binding and only for information purposes - there is no claim to completeness. The scope and features of the products are determined by IBM's publications, IBM license terms, IBM announcement letters, product documentation and additional publications of the manufacturer.)