Informix Technology Day 2017
Pradeep Muthalpuredathe / Director - WW Informix Engineering
Pradeep Muthalpuredathe present the basics of the collaboration between IBM and HCL and the roadmap for the coming years at the Informix technology day.
HCL has taken over development and support on May 1. Most of the development and support staff have agreed to a change to HCL so that the usual contacts and existing structures are available to customers.
For IBM Informix customers nothing changes in the licensing or maintenance. IBM will continue to sell Informix through the IBM channel.
We asked Informix users, IBM partners and employees about their views on the IBM/HCL partnership. The responses were very positive because it is a long-term partnership and a god perspective for the future of Informix.
Key Highlights / part of presentation Pradeep Muthalpuredathe
- IBM and HCL have entered into a 15+ year IP partnership. HCL has set up a new division called HCL Products and Platforms.
- IBM will continue to sell the IBM products through the IBM channel. HCL is responsible for development, support, and customer advocacy.
- All of the IBM development and support engineers will be joining HCL. Customers will continue to have access to the expertise of the labs.
- HCL has a Client Advocay team building on IBM’s Lab Advocate program. This is a ‘hypercare’ approach to customer relationships.
- HCL will be accelerating the product roadmaps, and delivering new features and functionality.
- HCL will be refreshing Lab Services offerings to provide customers higher ROI and faster time to value.
IBM Informix – HCL IP Partnership (April-28-2017)
Dear Informix Partners,
below we share actual news about the IBM/HCL Informix partnership, provided today by Tomas Escobar
(WW Sales and Strategy Leader, DB2 and Informix).
Your CURSOR Service Distribution Team
Informix Development and support teams will move to HCL and HCL will further accelerate Informix development work.
Nothing changes for existing customers - and there is a guarantee for next 15 years of continued Informix availability, enhancements and support.
IBM did not sell the IP, not the product, not the source code - we did not sell the Informix business.
IBM remains the point of contact for sales, contracting, licensing, pricing, support towards customers. IBM product lifecycle policies remain unchanged for Informix.
I would like to share with you a couple of great perspectives on the IBM Informix and HCL partnership written by Dan Hernandez and Matthias Funke, as well as other key material. The objective is to assist you in the process of sharing these exciting news with your sales teams, colleagues, business partners and customers.
Source: IBM Data Management Blog / April 18, 2017
Attached the communication distributed to all attendees of the WW Informix User Conference in Raleigh, April 23-27. Feel free to share the blogs and the documents attached, with your sales teams, Business Partners and Informix customers.
WW Sales and Strategy Leader, DB2 and Informix
IBM Analytics Unit
Informix Online Workshops sparen Zeit
und reduzieren Kosten
Hier bekommen Ihre Mitarbeiter das richtige Know-how!
- Individuelle Auswahl und Vorbereitung der Themen
- Durchführung direkt am Arbeitsplatz Ihrer Mitarbeiter
- Abgestimmt auf Ihre Termin- und Arbeitszeitplanung
- Didaktisch sinnvolle Einheiten von 90 Minuten
- Besonders für kleine Gruppen geeignet
- Kein Schulungsraum notwendig
- Keine Reisezeit
- Keine Reisekosten
Als Full-Service-Distributor für IBM Datenbanken, liefern wir nicht nur Software, sondern geben auch das fachliche Wissen für einen erfolgreichen Einsatz an unsere Kunden weiter. Dabei führen wir Schulungen und Workshops in der Regel in eigenen Seminarräumen oder direkt beim Kunden durch. Mit unserem ersten Online-Seminar für Informix Administratoren sind wir im Frühjahr 2015 neue Wege gegangen.
When was the last time you flew?
Remember the start, the moment in which the jet engine unfolds its full thrust – you are pressed into your seat, the plane vibrates and the wheels leave the ground. Can you imagine that you rely completely on OEM products in this moment?
Did you know that the market leaders for airliners Boeing and Airbus do not manufacture jet engines?
The Thrust comes from Rolls-Royce or General Electric, the wheels are labeled with Continental, Michelin or Goodyear – these are some of the many OEMs - Original Equipment Manufacturer - who provide airplane components - Companies which care with their products for you to start and land safely.
You fly OEM!
This principle can also be applied on good software.
Read our short introduction about IBM ASL/OEM licensing.
Start with us - Your CURSOR Software AG!