IBM Informix Enterprise Edition 14.10
High-end database for workloads of large companies and international corporations
- hen performance and resilience are first and foremost, leading companies in the world rely on Informix. The Enterprise Edition delivers high-end OLTP for global retail, energy suppliers or telecom providers.
- Easy to implement high availability through unlimited replication and cluster properties. Sub-data storage for branch offices through enterprise replication. Combinable and multi-client capable cloud scenarios.
Scope and functions
- Aside from Data Warehouse, all Informix properties are available without limitation.
- Warehouse functionality is reserved for Informix Advanced Enterprise Edition.
- From Informix version 14.10, the Storage Optimization feature is included.
- Authorized User Single Install (AU).
All users who in principle have access to an installation of the product must be licensed.
Not usable in scenarios with indeterminable users such as access via websites.
- IBM Processor Value Units (PVU), licensing of processor cores, calculation depends on processor performance.
- Authorized User Single Install 1.409,- EURO per AU
- IBM Processor Value Units 52.100,- EURO per 100 PVUs
(All price information in EURO, non-binding and exclusively for business partners in Germany.)
Functions, features, limits
|Innovator-C Edition||Express Edition||Developer Edition||Workgroup Edition||Enterprise Edition||Advanced Developer||Advanced Workgroup||Advanced Enterprise|
Valid for available version
|CPU VP / Cores max||1||4||1||24||unlimited||16||unlimited||unlimited|
|Memory maximal||2 GB||8 GB||1 GB||32 GB||unlimited||unlimited||16 GB OLTP
48 GB IWA
|Storage maximal||8 GB||unlimited||8 GB||unlimited||unlimited||unlimited||ca. 250 GB Warehouse||unlimited|
|TimeSeries / Sensor-Data||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Encryption at rest||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Label based access control||no||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|High Availability Cluster (H/A)||no||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Secondarys maximal||no Sec.||one Sec.||unlimited||two Sec.||unlimited||unlimited||two Sec.||unlimited|
|The ability to execute SQL or NoSQL DML operations (read, write, update, delete) on a H/A cluster secondary node. Note: If SQL or NoSQL DML operations are executed on a secondary instance, the secondary instance must be fully licensed|
|Continuous Log Restore||no||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|CLR secondary is provided by the ontape and ON-Bar backup utilities|
|Enterprise Replication (ER)||no||two nodes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|The ability for a SQL/NoSQL session connected to a database in one instance to execute a DML operation using data from another database in a different instance|
|Parallel operations refers to the ability to execute SQL operations in parallel and includes parallel index build, high-performance loader, and ON-Bar parallel backup, and restore|
|Partitioning refers to the ability to fragment a table or index based on logical rules to improve data access and parallel processing|
|Data Warehouse (IWA)||no||no||no||no||no||yes||yes||yes|
(All information is non-binding and only for information purposes - there is no claim to completeness. The scope and features of the products are determined by IBM's publications, IBM license terms, IBM announcement letters, product documentation and additional publications of the manufacturer.)