Package I: Installation
Package I contains performances which goal it is to install and configure a database system according to defined requirements.
Thereby our consultant is already earlier in contact with the customer to elaborate the frame conditions and to plan the necessary steps.
Our package "Installation" contains mainly:
- Evaluation of the characteristic of the customer applications (Solutions) which access the data base (OLTP, DSS)
- Analysis of the involved interfaces (JDBC, ODBC, etc.)
- Analysis of the infrastructure (local, remote, 2-tier, 3-tier, ...)
- User and access analysis (number, behavior)
- Calculation of the needed ressources (network, RAM, storage, CPU, ...) per user and total
- Planning of the installation of possible Client-Software (CSDK, ISQL, etc.) and interfaces to third systems (via ODBC, JDBC, etc)
- Planning and documentation of the DBMS' primary configuration
- Consideration of security scenarios in terms of availability, max. Downtime, memory and hardware services
The performances' time volume will be defined after the recording of the requirements and arranged with the customer.